- Great Chobe River & Savute combination
- Game drives, boat safaris & bird watching
- Diverse wildlife & habitats, ideal for photographers
- Easy add-on with Victoria Falls & Okavango Delta
USD 3037 pp sharing
Days 1-2: Into Elephant Country
This wildlife-focussed safari opens on the Chobe River where you’ll enjoy the advantages of staying at Chobe Game Lodge. The only riverside lodge in the Chobe National Park, it’s the ideal base from which to explore this modern-day Eden on boat trips and 4X4 safaris. The Chobe River is home to abundant game all year round but is most famous for its dry-season concentration of elephants. From May to October, guests are treated to incredible scenes as hundreds of elephants gather to drink in the sunset. Lion, buffalo and river life such as crocodiles and hippos complete the picture.
Days 3-4: Discover Savute
Leaving the Chobe River behind you fly to Savute, a swathe of grassland marooned in an ocean of woodland. Fed by an ephemeral river, the Savute area of the Chobe has long been the park’s diamond in the rough. Enjoy two nights at Savute Safari Lodge, its luxurious chalets overlooking the now-flowing Savute Channel. The Savute is famous for its raw interaction between predators and prey. Lions, jackals and hyenas are the most common carnivores but leopard, cheetah and wild dog are all seen regularly. Savute is a place of giant bull elephants, often standing motionless at waterholes, and in summer a dazzling zebra migration passes through.
Day 5: The Journey Ends
You’ll fly out of Savute today and land at Maun Airport where you’ll finish this safari. Set at the edge of the Okavango Delta, Maun is the gateway to both the delta and Botswana’s rewarding Kalahari parks. Ask us about adding on an Okavango Delta experience or a safari on the Kalahari grasslands.
2019 & 2020
These rates are per person sharing & single supplements may apply. Please treat all pricing as a guide only & the rates are subject to availability & may change slightly without notice. Request a quote from us.
- Flight Transfers as specified
- Road Transfers as specified
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Local brand drinks at Safari Camps
- Scheduled game-viewing activities
- Park fees
- Complimentary laundry service at the Safari Camps.
- International Flights
- Premium brand drinks
- Items of a personal nature.
- ** please note that there is a limit of 20kg in soft bags including hand luggage on all charter flights included in safaris
Magnificent Chobe Enquire Now
USD 3037 pp sharing *Rates are seasonal. Please contact us for a quote