About Tongabezi Lodge
Luxury Cottages & Houses
- Individually Designed & Furnished
- Honeymoon & Family Accommodation
- En Suite Bathroom
- Private Valet/Concierge Service
It’s no understatement to say that Tongabezi is home to some of the finest and most original suites of any lodge in the Victoria Falls area. The lodge offers cosy riverside cottages with private Zambezi views, indulgent honeymoon hideaways, quirky tree-houses and four-sleeper suites. Interiors are spacious and well furnished and have an en suite bathroom, each with a classic bath-with-a-view.
A Tongabezi suite comes complete with a valet who will take care of you during your stay and also act as a concierge, arranging excursions and activities around your schedule. For larger groups and families, Tangala House is Tongabezi’s four-bedroom luxury home featuring a vehicle and boat, chef, waiters and private guide.
- Swimming Pool
- Dining Room & Bar
- Multi-level Lookout Platform
- Cocktail & Dining Terraces
- Massage & Beauty Treatments
- Internet Access
Tongabezi was created with a vision to constantly seek new ways to promote rest, relaxation and sheer enjoyment among its guests. Several terraces are scattered around the lodge, ideal for friendly gatherings or candle-lit dinners; there is a large plunge pool and famously friendly bar, as well as a spa where guests can enjoy a range of soothing and rejuvenating treatments. Head for The Lookout, a multi-deck viewing platform with enviable views of the Zambezi and a modern, high-tech ambience; internet facilities means you can catch up with news as the Zambezi flows past.
Local and international dishes are served in the convivial dining room unless guests choose the privacy of their suite or a private deck. One dining experience that comes highly recommended is the floating dinner, served on the Zambezi by candlelight and attended to by waiters in canoes!
Activities at Tongabezi
- Victoria Falls Tour
- Canoeing, Game Drives, Birding & Fishing
- Island Picnics, Cultural Tours & Sunset Boating
- All Victoria Falls Activities Arranged
Guests at Tongabezi can take advantage of the lodge’s wide range of inclusive activities (although park fees and entrance fees are extra). Start off with a tour of Victoria Falls and then choose between wildlife-focused activities such as canoeing and game drives and cultural ones such as visits to local markets and traditional villages.
The lodge’s location 15 kilometres upstream from Victoria Falls means a quieter, away-from-the-crowds experience so be sure to try one of Tongabezi’s island picnics, a gourmet affair served on an uninhabited Zambezi island to a backdrop of hippo snorts and birdsong.
Tongabezi is happy to arrange all your other activities in Victoria Falls, whether it’s whitewater rafting, bungy jumping or a scenic flight you are after – simply ask your valet or ask at the main lodge.
On The Map
- Tongabezi accommodation
- All meals
- Drinks, house wine (not premium wines, champagne, sparkling wines and liqueurs)
- Laundry service
- The following activities: Sunrise and sunset boat trip on the Zambezi, Guided canoeing excursion depending on water levels and hippo activity, Lunch on local Island with guided walk, Fishing (equipment provided), Visit to the Victoria Falls on the Zambian Side (Falls entrance fees are extra), Game drive in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National park (Park fees are extra), Walk in the gorge below the Falls, Cultural visit to the museum (Museum entrance is ZWK 25.00 per person – subject to change), Local village visit, Mountain bike trail to local village, Shopping trip on the Zambian side of the Falls
- Transfers other than specified
- Activities (other than Tongabezi Activities)
- Premium brand drinks
- All items of a personal nature, tips and gratuities.
Tongabezi Lodge Enquire Now