About Khwai River Lodge
Luxury Tented Suites
- Huge Walk-in Tented Suites
- Air Conditioning, Fan & Heater
- Viewing Deck & Mini Bar
- Exclusive Honeymoon Suite Available
Standing on raised platforms and overlooking the Khwai River floodplains, the lodge’s 14 tented suites set the bar high. Air conditioning, a ceiling fan and heater assure complete comfort, and the mosquito-netted four-poster bed adds a romantic touch. Each tent has a full en suite bathroom as well as a broad viewing deck – ideal for armchair game viewing and private suppers. A well-stocked mini bar, tea and coffee-making facilities, a safe and battery recharge points are among the conveniences.
Couples looking for an extra bit of privacy will love the Private Suite: set apart from the main camp, this honeymoon favourite boasts a heated plunge pool, sun loungers, open-air showers and a Victorian-style copper bathtub. A private guide and game viewing vehicle complete the exclusive package.
- Swimming Pool & Sun Loungers
- Internet, Reference & Video Library
- Gym & Spa
- Viewing Deck & Spotting Scope
- Private Dining Available
- Lounge, Dining Area & Bar
Khwai River Lodge has one of the most complete set of facilities of any wilderness lodge in Botswana. Guests have the use of a 20 metre swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers and shade umbrellas as well as a gym, video and reference library and a game spotting scope, mounted on the lodge’s wide viewing deck. Spa treatments and table-for-two dining can be enjoyed in the privacy of your suite; internet access and satellite television keep you up to date.
Evenings begin with drinks ordered from the bar and enjoyed under a canopy of stars. You’ll sit down to delicious food in the lodge’s dining area or in the outdoor boma, a traditional eating place where dishes are served by firelight.
Activities at Khwai River Lodge
- Morning & Afternoon Game Drives
- Birding, Stargazing & Bush Dining
- Night Drives & Guided Walks
- Village Visit & Cultural Interaction
Khwai River Lodge conducts most of its game drives in the Moremi Game Reserve, a short drive from camp. The Khwai area has long has a reputation for game viewing and rarely disappoints: permanent water ensures year-round wildlife, especially during the increasingly hot and dry winter months when great numbers of elephant, antelope and buffalo move into the area. Predators are drawn to the bounty, and Khwai is famous for sightings of lion, leopard and wild dog as well as many species of eagle and vulture. Morning and late afternoon game drives are supplemented with spot-lit night drives, guided nature walks and visits to the local Khwai village for an insight into life on the wild fringes of the Okavango.
On The Map
Luxury Tented Suites
- Khwai River Lodge accommodation in twin-bedded tented rooms with air conditioning
- Botswana National park fees
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Government levied General Sales Tax
- All meals: breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner
- All drinks, teas, coffees, soft drinks, house wines, local beer and spirits including premium brands
- Daily laundry services
- 2 game viewing activities per day
- Scheduled and / or private inter-camp flight costs from Maun, other camps, Kasane or Livingstone
- VSOP Spirits, South African Reserve Wines and imported Champagne
- Tips and gratuities
Khwai River Lodge Enquire Now